Know about the textile industry in India
- Bags and sacks, textile India (959)
- Belts and webbing, textile India (151)
- Bolting and filter cloths. Gauze India (130)
- Canvas and duck India (149)
- Canvas covers India (222)
- Canvas products India (178)
- Coated fabrics and oilcloth India (203)
- Cordage and ropes India (292)
- Covers India (997)
- Dry-cleaning and dyeing services, domestic India (43)
- Dyeing services for fabrics and textile goods India (45)
- Dyeing services for textile fibres and yarns India (50)
- Embroidery, handmade India (191)
- Embroidery, machine-made India (227)
- Embroidery, machine-made, by use India (123)
- Embroidery and lace mending, clipping and cutting services India (14)
- Fabrics, cotton, for clothing and household linen India (1191)
- Fabrics, cotton, for soft furnishings and upholstery India (495)
- Fabrics, hemp and jute India (345)
- Fabrics, knitted India (600)
The Indian textiles industry, currently estimated at around US$ 120 billion, is expected to reach US$ 140 billion by 2021. Textiles sector is one of the largest contributors to India’s exports with approximately 15% of total exports. It is a labour intensive industry and provides either direct or indirect environment to about millions of people. India is the world’s largest producer of jute, and 2nd and 3rd largest producer of silk & cotton and cellulosic fibre respectively.
Government is focusing on increasing textile exports by introducing favourable policies that are leading to growth in textile and clothing industry. The introduction of new high technique machinery and the involvement of qualified and skilled personnel in the industry can boost the industry to a higher level. In the near future, the government is to launch the new national textile policy which will create millions of new jobs in the textile industry and it will also boost the FDI flow therein.
Kompass is a 70-year-old online B2B portal that will help you connect and meet other business people to grow your business in various fields.