Learn about the growth of the ores and minerals industry in India
Ores and minerals
- Asphalt India (12)
- Graphite India (18)
- Magnesium minerals India (115)
- Minerals, miscellaneous India (133)
- Ores, alloying element India (125)
- Ores, heavy metal India (117)
- Ores, iron India (266)
- Ores, light metal India (103)
- Ores, precious metal India (24)
- Ores, radioactive element India (5)
- Raw gypsum and anhydrite India (38)
- Salt India (108)
- Silica minerals India (258)
- Spar minerals India (95)
- Steatite and pyrophyllite India (78)
India has a significant source of coal, titanium ore, bauxite, natural gas, chromite, petroleum, diamonds and limestone, despite the arable land being 48.83%. In terms of chromite production, India is at the 2nd position globally. When it comes to coal, iron ore, barites, and crude steel and bauxite, India ranks 3rd, 4th, 2nd and 5th respectively. India is the 8th and 7th largest manufacturer of aluminium and manganese ore respectively. In FY17, production was expected to reach 175.51 million tonnes of iron ore.
India has around 8 per cent of world’s deposits of iron ore and is termed as one of the largest producers and exporters of iron ore in the world. Same is the case with manganese and manganese ores.
With 60% of mica production, India is the largest producer and exporter of mica in the world.
Register yourself with Kompass to grow your business by getting our services like marketing solutions.