Learn about the rubber products’ industry of India
Currently, rubber is harvested mainly in the form of the latex from the rubber tree or others.
In India, commercial cultivation was introduced by British planters, although the experimental efforts to grow rubber on a commercial scale were initiated as early as 1873 at the Calcutta Botanical Gardens.
The Indian rubber industry has been growing in respect of strength and importance. India is the world’s largest producer and the 3rd largest consumer of natural rubber.
Uncured rubber is used for cements, for adhesive, insulating, and friction tapes. It is also used for crepe rubber used in insulating blankets and footwear. Vulcanized rubber has many more applications.
During the last few years, the production of rubber over the world has been unstable. However, as compared to the world production of rubber, India’s rubber production is consistent at the rate of 6% per annum. The Indian rubber industry has been growing tremendously through the years.
Kompass is an online B2B portal with 70 years of experience in the industry. Register with Kompass to avail of the services such as business development solutions.
- Anti-vibration mountings, rubber India (110)
- Bags and sacks, rubber India (30)
- Cellular/foam rubber products India (180)
- Conveyor belts, rubber India (211)
- Ebonite products India (277)
- Gutta-percha products India (44)
- Inflatable structures and goods, rubber India (150)
- Moulded parts, rubber India (430)
- Processed rubber India (161)
- Profiles, blocks, rollers and bearings, rubber India (323)
- Rings and washers, rubber India (841)
- Rubber and rubber proofed fabrics India (107)
- Rubber and rubber proofed sheets India (334)
- Rubber flooring and wall coverings India (157)
- Rubber mats India (187)
- Rubber products, miscellaneous India (175)
- Rubber products for domestic use India (154)
- Rubber solutions and adhesives India (74)
- Rubber threads, cords, ribbons, straps and transmission belts India (181)
- Rubber-to-metal bonded products India (316)