Learn about the glass, cement and ceramics industry of India
Glass, cement and ceramics
- Abrasive and grinding discs India (84)
- Abrasive coated products India (71)
- Abrasive media India (150)
- Abrasive media, by use India (75)
- Abrasive tools India (67)
- Artificial and reconstituted stone products India (205)
- Carbon based products India (364)
- Carbon fibre products India (21)
- Cement India (306)
- Ceramic and clinker building products India (77)
- Ceramic bricks India (149)
- Ceramic fibre products India (37)
- Ceramic flooring tiles India (462)
- Ceramic machining contractors India (23)
- Ceramic products for the electrical industry India (191)
- Ceramic roofing tiles India (209)
- Coal based products India (129)
- Coking plant products India (72)
- Concrete products India (259)
- Concrete products, precast India (336)
- Crystal glassware India (100)
- Decorative articles, ceramic India (534)
- Diamonds, industrial, bort, grit and powder India (56)
- Fibre cement products India (192)
- Flat glass India (144)
Cement prices in India recorded a 6.7 per cent month-on-month growth in April 2017, thereby indicating the probability of growth in volume and profitability of cement companies in the quarter ending June 2017.
The ceramic industry of India emerged in the 1950s. Tiles are the most important part of this industry with some basic options like wall tiles, floor tiles and porcelain and vitrified tiles. The industry is estimated at $ 0.35 billion.
Glass is defined to be an inorganic product, manufactured using silica, calcium compound and soda and with a perfect mix of metallic oxides. At present, glass industry is mainly segregated into four segments, and those are container glass, specialty glass, fibre glass and flat glass. Indian glass industry is old and well established, with the primary setup, dated back in the year 1908. Glassware exports have now been growing at a rate of 17% over a period of 2 years.
Kompass is an online B2B portal with a 70-year-old experience. Register your business with Kompass for availing of our business development services and an access to well-structured database.