Learn about the health, medical and pharmaceutical sector of India.
Public healthcare system comprises limited secondary and tertiary care institutions in key cities and focuses on providing basic healthcare facilities in the form of primary healthcare centres (PHCs) in rural areas. The private sector provides majority of secondary, tertiary and quaternary care institutions with a major concentration in metros, tier I and tier II cities.
In the Union Budget 2017-18, the overall health budget increased from INR 39,879 crore (US$ 5.96 billion) (1.97% of total Union Budget) to INR 48,878 crore (US$ 7.3 billion) (2.27% of total Union Budget).
India is a land full of opportunities for players in the medical devices industry. The country has also become one of the leading destinations for high-end diagnostic services with tremendous capital investment for advanced diagnostic facilities, thus catering to a greater proportion of population. Besides, Indian medical service consumers have become more conscious towards their healthcare upkeep.
Kompass is a 70-year-old online B2B portal having an updated database of various industries of India. Avail of our services like business development solutions and more.
Health, medical and pharmaceutical
- Anaesthetic and resuscitation equipment India (157)
- Anti-parasitics India (83)
- Antiseptics and antibacterial preparations India (294)
- Beds, trolleys and fittings, hospital and medical India (141)
- Blood transfusion equipment India (184)
- Chairs and seating, hospital and medical India (86)
- Chemotherapeutic preparations India (333)
- Dental equipment and instruments India (194)
- Dental laboratory equipment and supplies India (96)
- Dental prostheses India (49)
- Dermatology equipment India (46)
- Equipment and instruments for medical laboratories India (354)
- Equipment for the cardio vascular system India (143)
- Equipment for the elderly, the disabled and reduced mobility people India (57)
- Equipment for the nervous system India (47)
- Furniture, hospital and medical NES India (177)