Learn about the growth of the entertainment industry in India
Leisure, culture and entertainment
- Amusement and leisure parks India (18)
- Amusement arcades India (15)
- Audio recording services India (12)
- Casinos, lotteries, bingo and turf accountants India (3)
- Cinema, radio and television programme distribution India (22)
- Cinemas India (8)
- Clubs and lounges, non-sportive India (5)
- Cultural associations India (8)
- Film productions India (89)
- Leisure and sports centres India (72)
- Libraries India (8)
- Museums, art galleries India (13)
- Music publishers and record labels India (26)
- National parks, nature reserves, zoos and botanical gardens India (2)
- Nightclubs and discotheques India (249)
- Party, entertainment and festival organisers. Events NES India (289)
- Publishers, board games and video games India (4)
- Publishers of videos India (16)
- Radio and television productions India (46)
The M&E sector is expected to grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 13.9% to touch Rs 2.42 trillion by 2021.
The Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) inflows in the Information and Broadcasting (I&B) sector (including Print Media) in the period April 2000 – March 2017 stood at US$ 6.49 billion, as per data released by Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP).
The Indian Media and Entertainment industry is on an impressive growth path. The industry is expected to grow at a much faster rate than the global average rate. TV advertising sector is expected to grow at a CAGR of 11.1% during 2016-21. Cinema in India is estimated to grow at 10.4%. Internet video sector is expected to grow at a CAGR of 22.4%. TV subscription will grow at CAGR of 11.6%.
Also, in the recent years, the widespread use of smartphones powered by 3G and 4G network and data services have led to a tremendous increase in the revenue count of the leisure and entertainment department.
Statistics reveal that the video gaming industry has also grown with a record of 22.4% in 2014. The net worth rose to somewhat US$ 392 million. The present value of the India animation industry was at US$ 748 million, and this gave rise to a growth of 15 to 20%, on an annual basis.
Kompass is an online B2B portal where you can register and get access to our services such as online directory and industry specific executive contacts.