Learn about the growth of the entertainment industry in India
Leisure, culture and entertainment
- Amusement and leisure parks India (18)
- Amusement arcades India (15)
- Audio recording services India (12)
- Casinos, lotteries, bingo and turf accountants India (3)
- Cinema, radio and television programme distribution India (22)
- Cinemas India (8)
- Clubs and lounges, non-sportive India (5)
- Cultural associations India (8)
- Film productions India (92)
- Leisure and sports centres India (74)
- Libraries India (9)
- Museums, art galleries India (13)
- Music publishers and record labels India (26)
- National parks, nature reserves, zoos and botanical gardens India (2)
- Nightclubs and discotheques India (249)
- Party, entertainment and festival organisers. Events NES India (316)
- Publishers, board games and video games India (4)
- Publishers of videos India (16)
- Radio and television productions India (46)
The M&E sector is expected to grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 13.9% to touch Rs 2.42 trillion by 2021.
The Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) inflows in the Information and Broadcasting (I&B) sector (including Print Media) in the period April 2000 – March 2017 stood at US$ 6.49 billion, as per data released by Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP).
The Indian Media and Entertainment industry is on an impressive growth path. The industry is expected to grow at a much faster rate than the global average rate. TV advertising sector is expected to grow at a CAGR of 11.1% during 2016-21. Cinema in India is estimated to grow at 10.4%. Internet video sector is expected to grow at a CAGR of 22.4%. TV subscription will grow at CAGR of 11.6%.
Also, in the recent years, the widespread use of smartphones powered by 3G and 4G network and data services have led to a tremendous increase in the revenue count of the leisure and entertainment department.
Statistics reveal that the video gaming industry has also grown with a record of 22.4% in 2014. The net worth rose to somewhat US$ 392 million. The present value of the India animation industry was at US$ 748 million, and this gave rise to a growth of 15 to 20%, on an annual basis.
Kompass is an online B2B portal where you can register and get access to our services such as online directory and industry specific executive contacts.
Based in more than 60 countries, Kompass’ worldwide firm directory for free provides legal and financial reliable and regularly updated. For each firm recorded in our database, look for its services, its staff member number, its postal address and at least one phone number will be available. These several criteria are so many performance pledges for your commercial and marketing operations: creation date, who’s who, services, legal status, revenue, and more…
Create by yourself your count and buy easily on-line your contact files. Create BtoB prospect and companies listing with email address and/or postal address. Then you could easily have data that you need for your emailing campaign, phoning campaign or your direct marketing actions. Create your own enterprises list using Easylist, the simple and effectivesolution to produce a personalized file from Kompass’ data base to help you in your prospect and emailing strategies. Try EASYLIST, the on-line prospecting solution developed by Kompass