Learn about the real estate industry in India
- Architectural concrete, decorative concrete contractors India (23)
- Building contractors India (388)
- Building industry contractors India (95)
- Building insulation and weather-proofing contractors India (64)
- Building maintenance services India (40)
- Building renovation contractors India (49)
- Concrete works contractors India (9)
- Drying out of buildings services India (4)
- Electrical installation contractors India (189)
- Fencing contractors India (2)
- Fire protection, safety and security installation contractors. Locksmiths India (98)
- Fitting out and furnishing contractors. Interior decoration/design India (339)
- Flooring, paving and tiling contractors India (64)
- Formwork contractors India (6)
The Indian real estate market is expected to reach USD 180 billion by 2020. The housing sector alone contributes to around 5 to 6 % of the country’s GDP. In the period FY2008-2020, the market size of this sector is expected to increase at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 11.2 per cent. In recent times, sectors such as IT, retail, consulting and e-commerce have registered high demand for office space. Mumbai is the best city in India for commercial real estate investment, with returns of 12-19 per cent likely in the next five years. This is followed by Bengaluru and Delhi-National Capital Region (NCR).
Both, public and private sectors are increasing their share of investment in the building industry. India is expected to be the 3rd largest construction market by 2025. Around 11.5 million new homes and buildings will be constructed every month and the market will be worth $ 1 trillion. The government is also focusing on the North-East region. Foreign investment in these states is also increasing.
Responding to an increasingly well-informed consumer base and, bearing in mind the aspect of globalisation, Indian real estate developers have shifted gears and accepted fresh challenges. The most marked change has been the shift from family owned businesses to that of professionally managed ones.
Kompass is a 70-year-old online B2B portal offering services like online directory and business development solutions.