Learn about the finance sector and insurance sector of India
India has a diversified financial sector undergoing rapid expansion, both in terms of strong growth of existing financial services firms and new entities entering the market.
The relaxation of foreign investment rules has received a positive response from the insurance sector, with many companies announcing plans to increase their stakes in joint ventures with Indian companies. Over the coming quarters there could be a series of joint venture deals between global insurance giants and local players.
The insurance sector in India consists of 53 insurance companies of which 24 are in life insurance business and 29 are non-life insurers. Among the life insurers, Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) is the sole public-sector company.
India’s life insurance sector is the biggest in the world with about 360 million policies which are expected to increase at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 12-15 per cent over the next five years. The country’s insurance market is expected to quadruple in size over the next 10 years from its current size of US$ 60 billion. During this period, the life insurance market is slated to cross US$ 160 billion. The future looks promising for the life insurance industry with several changes in regulatory framework which will lead to further change in the way the industry conducts its business and engages with its customers.
Kompass is an online B2B portal that provides business development solutions and access to contacts of company executives.
Financial and insurance services
- Banking services India (460)
- Bill of exchange brokers India (6)
- Building societies and mortgage banks, savings banks India (17)
- Bullion brokers India (1)
- Central banks India (6)
- Clearing houses India (5)
- Commercial banks India (68)
- Commodity and commodity futures exchanges India (39)
- Commodity brokers and commodity futures brokers and dealers India (92)
- Credit and charge card organisations India (37)
- Credit insurance companies India (26)
- Credit reporting and debt recovery/collection India (31)
- Currency exchange bureaux India (37)
- Discount houses India (1)
- Factoring India (11)
- Finance houses India (233)
- Financial futures and options brokers India (7)
- Financial services: Leasing and leaseback India (146)
- Foreign bank representation India (17)
- Foreign exchange brokers and dealers India (35)