Contractors in the civil engineering sectors of India
Civil and marine engineering contractors
- Civil engineering contractors NES India (114)
- Demolition and blasting contractors India (13)
- Earth-moving, excavation, foundation and tunnelling contractors India (70)
- Explosives and bomb disposal services India (2)
- Hydroelectric, harbour and inland waterway contractors India (42)
- Land clearance and reclamation contractors India (17)
- Mine prospecting and extraction contractors India (26)
- Offshore and underwater work contractors India (34)
- Oil and gas drilling and exploration contractors India (54)
- Power line and cable contractors India (19)
- Road and airport signals contractors India (7)
- Spring, well, irrigation and water supply contractors India (21)
- Transport infrastructure engineering contractors India (122)
Civil engineering contractors have a huge scope in India due to increasing infrastructure all over the country and the rise in population that has made real estate grow from all the sides. Even the rural areas are not left behind and we see various development projects that are coming up. The government has taken t the initiative to improve the roads, bridges, dams and various other projects that are related to economic development of the nation and that is why we see civil contractors getting prepared for the boost that has been growing. There is public sector as well as the private sector in the civil works which makes the sector more vast and complex. The public sector is the ones that is funded by the state government and the works are distributed by issuing tenders for that particular work. The contractors bid for the work and start the work that is related mostly to government works. The private sector comprises of the owners and the developments and builders and contractors.
There are plenty of foreign players who have entered the civil works in the country and therefore the new age technology has entered the construction world in a big way making way for modern technique and methods to improve the way of construction and building. The government has chalked out various plans and schemes to boost the construction industry in a big way. With increase spending by the government, the civil works will see better prospects in the future. Newer methods for reduced energy consumption in the country and green buildings are what the government will be looking for in the next years. The rising awareness is catching the trend and that is what will work in the future.
The B2B Kompass portal is a popular portal online which has brought together the customers and business owners. The easy listings for the business owners and the ease with which the customers also get products has been an advantage with the portal.