Learn about the tourism industry in India
Hospitality, tourism, hotel and catering industries
- Catering services India (76)
- Floating hotels India (21)
- Holiday camps and tourist complexes India (176)
- Hotel, restaurant and bar operators India (449)
- Hotel reservation and booking services India (1114)
- Hotels and motels India (1364)
- Meeting and greeting services India (2)
- Restaurants and bars India (248)
- Tourism promotion offices India (51)
- Travel agents, tour operators India (1238)
The hospitality and tourism companies have now contributed to a GDP growth of US$ 44.2 billion. By the end of 2025, the contribution of travel and tourism company is likely to grow the GDP account to up to 7.2%, with US$ 88.6 billion monetary value.
The launch of several branding and marketing initiatives by the Government of India such as ‘Incredible India!’ and ‘Atithi Devo Bhava’ have provided a focused impetus to growth. The Indian government has also released a fresh category of visa - the medical visa or M visa, to encourage medical tourism in the country.
As per Ministry of Tourism, foreign tourist arrivals (FTAs) in India increased 19.5 per cent year-on-year to 630,000 in May 2017. FTAs on e-tourist visa increased 55.3 per cent year-on-year to 68,000 in May 2017.
The Government has also been making serious efforts to boost investments in tourism sector. In the hotel and tourism sector, 100 per cent FDI is allowed through the automatic route.
Kompass is a 70-year-old business-to-business online portal providing business solutions with direct contact details of company executives.