Learn about the R&D sector of India
India is fast emerging as a global Research and Development (R&D) hub. Around 30 per cent of the top 1,000 global R&D spending organisations have centres in India. India’s R&D investment growth is likely to outpace overall GDP growth. Government’s R&D spending is expected to increase from the current 0.9 per cent of GDP to 2 per cent by 2017.
With the government’s support, the R&D sector in India is all set to witness some robust growth in the coming years.
India is also expected to witness strong growth in its agriculture and pharmaceutical sectors as the government is investing large sums to set up dedicated research centres for R&D in these sectors. The Indian IT industry is also expected to add to the development of the R&D sector.
The Indian government is undertaking several initiatives to enhance the R&D sector. Establishing National Institution to Transforming India is being planned so as to involve researchers, entrepreneurs and others to help the growth of the industry. There are around 1,000 top global R&D spending organizations that have base in India. They are growing at 14.4 per cent and provide employment to around more than 244,000. The government will help funding with $ 16 million for setting up units of R & D in collaboration with the industries. India as a destination is popular all over the globe and that is why the government is taking initiative and developing the industry.
Kompass is an online B2B portal that will help you to grow your business. Register with Kompass to avail of the services.
Research and testing
- Calibration services India (84)
- Food testing services India (28)
- Gemmological laboratories India (6)
- Management system certification services India (74)
- Materials testing, assaying, analysing and inspection services India (258)
- Medical and pharmaceutical research India (106)
- Meteorological research India (4)
- Nuclear energy research India (2)
- Oceanography and offshore research India (14)
- Product certification services India (73)
- Product research and development India (188)
- Quality control services India (121)
- Research, general India (353)
- Soil exploration and analysis India (11)
- Spatial and astronomical research India (15)
- Testing and inspection services, textile products and clothing India (24)
- Testing services for consumer goods India (58)
- Testing services for machinery and equipment India (136)