A Report On The Industrialization In The Indian State Of Jammu And Kashmir.
Refine by activity
Jammu and Kashmir
- Agriculture & Food Jammu and Kashmir
- Business Services Jammu and Kashmir
- Chemicals, Pharmaceuticals & Plastics Jammu and Kashmir
- Construction Jammu and Kashmir
- Education, Training & Organisations Jammu and Kashmir
- Electrical, Electronics & Optical Jammu and Kashmir
- Energy, Environment Jammu and Kashmir
- IT, Internet, R&D Jammu and Kashmir
- Leisure & Tourism Jammu and Kashmir
- Metals, Machinery & Engineering Jammu and Kashmir
- Minerals Jammu and Kashmir
- Paper, Printing, Publishing Jammu and Kashmir
- Retail & Traders Jammu and Kashmir
- Textiles, Clothing, Leather, Watchmaking, Jewellery Jammu and Kashmir
- Transport & Logistics Jammu and Kashmir
The gross state domestic product of Jammu and Kashmir was $ 14.46 billion in 2014-15 and has grown at a rate of 9.03% from 2004 to 2014-15. The state government has introduced various industrial policies that have attractive schemes and incentives with a single window clearance mechanism so that investors get attracted to the state. There are concessions offered on land and other facilities too. The state has come up with brilliant proposals for investors outside the state as well. The prominent industries that you find here today are the hospitality industry, tourism, silk textile, forest-based industries, papier Mache, carpet making, woolen textile and agro-based industries.
Scope for development
In the state of Jammu and Kashmir, a boost in the small scale industrial sector where the government has shown keen interest and promotes industries like food products, beverages, plastic goods, drugs, automobile equipment, machinery parts, handicrafts, paper products, chemicals and more. These industries are the main reason for employment here and development of the state as well. There are certain safe areas in the state which have been marked especially for developing industries. The infrastructure is fast developing with two highways that provide all-weather connectivity to the valley. There are other such projects that will help transportation and connectivity to increase in a greater way. Today we see a favorable climate for initiating new industries and many investors have shown keen interest to start a new plant.
Kompass opens new horizons
Kompass is ready with its online portal to help reach business people long distance and get connected in the furthest corner of the world. The online platform can open up new avenues and expand business within a shorter time and is affordable as well. Getting to know fellow businessmen and retailers can help to grow the business and expand the right way all over the world.