Silver Oxide (Ag20) of Micron Platers
Description of the Product
What is Silver Oxide?
Silver Oxide (Ag20) is the chemical compound with the formula Ag2O. It is a fine black or dark brown powder that is used to prepare other silver compounds.
Properties of Silver Oxide:
• It dissolves in solvents that degrade it.
• It is slightly soluble in water due to the formation of ion Ag(OH)2- and related hydrolysis products.
• It dissolves in ammonia solution to give soluble derivatives.
Uses of Silver Oxide:
• It is used in Silver Oxide batteries.
• It is used as a mild oxidizing agent.
• Other names: Silver rust, Argentous oxide, Silver monoxide
• Chemical formula: Ag2O
• CAS number: 20667-12-3
• Purity: 98.50 to 99.50 %
• Packaging type: Plastic bottle
• Packaging size: 1 kg, 2.5 kgs, 5 kgs, 10 kgs, 20 kgs
• Molar mass: 231.735 g
• Appearance: Black/brown
• Solubility: Soluble in acid, alkali and is insoluble in ethanol