Silver Nitrate (AgNO3) of Micron Platers
Description of the Product
What is Silver Nitrate?
Silver Nitrate is an inorganic compound with chemical formula AgNO3. It is a versatile precursor to many other silver compounds, such as those used in photography. It is far less sensitive to light than the halides. It was once called lunar caustic because silver was called luna by the ancient alchemists, who believed that silver was associated with the moon.
Uses of Silver Nitrate:
• Acts as a precursor to other silver compounds.
• It is non-hygroscopic, in contrast to silver fluoroborate and silver perchlorate.
• It is relatively stable to light.
• It dissolves in numerous solvents, including water.
• It is used in making photographic films.
• Chemical formula: AgNO3
• CAS number: 7761-88-8
• Purity: 98.50 to 99.90 %
• Packaging type: Plastic bottle
• Packaging size: 1 kg, 2.5 kgs, 5 kgs, 10 kgs, 20 kgs
• Molar mass: 169.872 g
• Appearance: Colorless solid
• Solubility: Soluble in acetone, ammonia, ether, glycerol