Silver Fluoride (AgF) of Micron Platers
Description of the Product
What is Silver Fluoride?
Silver(I) fluoride is the inorganic compound with the formula AgF. It is one of the three main fluorides of silver, the others being silver sub fluoride and silver (II) fluoride.
Preparation of Silver Fluoride:
High-purity silver(I) fluoride can be produced by the heating of silver carbonate to 310 °C under a hydrogen fluoride environment, in a platinum tube:
• Ag2CO3 + 2HF → 2AgF + H2O + CO2
• Chemical formula: AgF
• CAS number: 7775-41-9
• Purity: 98.50 to 99.90 %
• Packaging type: Plastic bottle
• Packaging size: 1 kg, 2.5 kgs, 5 kgs, 10 kgs, 20 kgs
• Molar mass: 126.8666 g
• Appearance: Yellow-brown solid
• Solubility: 83g/100 g (11.9 °C) in hydrogen fluoride & 1.5g/100 mL in methanol (25 °C)