Dual Pack Project for Oil and Gas sites in Sudan
Start date: 27 May, 2022 4:02 PM
Being a Dual Pack project, this Grupel's solution is ideal for applications and contexts where energy needs are variable, because it can adapt to the different levels of consumption that may occur in the same installation at numerous times and phases of its operation.
In addition, here are some other characteristics that make this project special:
- the gensets are able to operate in parallel with each other
- the alternators are marinized
- inside each container there is a tank of great autonomy (3000L), with a double wall, and a fuel level sensor with alarm
- the containers also incorporate an automatic fuel transfer system
- the Synchronism and Distribution board of each container has several outputs and is prepared to operate with the presence of electric grid, in places where it is available
The Oil and Gas sector is one of the most demanding and challenging markets in terms of energy consumption, given its robust infrastructure made up of extremely heavy machinery that is essential for all the activities and processes inherent to oil exploration.
From drilling, completion, to the gathering systems and all the equipment needed for the extraction of hydrocarbons, the power demand in this sector is very high.
Generator sets play a crucial role in the operation of these infrastructures, as they guarantee the supply of energy to the on-site facilities and, in that way, they support the processes and ensure the continuous operation of the infrastructures, avoiding economic losses.